About Hospices de Beaune
About Hospices de Beaune.
Finally, since 1993, the Hospices direction has created and developed a medical care branch for the poorest persons.
- Hospices de Beaune takes tastings to Chin November 27, 2010
- Principle and tradition of Hospices de Beaune
- Hospices de Beaune Charity and Tradition.
- The Hospices de Beaune, also known as the Hôtel-Dieu, is a prestigious historical monument.
- Beaune at the time was suffering from poverty and famine after the Hundred Years’ War and so as a sweetener, Rolin and his wife, founded the Hospice for the Poor, giving it an annual income and its own resources, vines and salt works.
- Hospices de Beaune is a very exciting event that takes place in Beaune every third weekend of November.
- Every year, over the weekend comprising the third Sunday of November, Beaune hosts the most famous charity wine auction in the world. Professionals, connaisseurs and those who simply appreciate wine make a date to meet for the 3 days of festivities, in pure Burgundy tradition.
- The Hospice de Beaune owns a large amount of the vineyards in the area, and in support of its charity work, holds one of the largest wine auctions in France, hosted by Christies, on the 3rd Sunday of every November.
You are welcome to post your comments and questions about any topic related to wine on http://www.YatsWineCellars.com or email Wine@Yats-International.com with your comments, suggestions, questions, purchases or inquiries on wine and wine-related topics. Don’t forget to register yourself on our mailing list to be informed of the dates and venues of the Yats Wine Experience public wine tasting events.