October 25, 2010
Philippines Wine Supplier Yats Wine Cellars is pleased to share with you these articles about wine and luxury beverages.
It’s great to have a group of people over for a casual social event, but costs can quickly add up. But one idea that can be unique for guests and inexpensive for you as the host is a wine tasting potluck! By contributing just a few items and inviting guests to add their favorite bottle of wine, you can have a great wine tasting event at a relatively low price to you as the host!
You can put as much or as little into this event, but a few nice touches will make it memorable to your friends and most likely start a new tradition with your group of friends. Follow these easy steps to create your evening:
1) Invite your friends: this kind of event works well with just about any number of guests. You can invite four close friends, or you can have 15-20 people over for a larger event. It’s up to you because any number will work!
2) Inform your guests of the requirements: let the guests know that this is a wine “potluck” of sorts. Invite them to bring their favorite bottle of wine. Be sure to tell them that it doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive-the fun part is seeing the unique collection of wines that will be assembled.
3) Add the basics: this is where you’ll realize how easy it really is to host this event! Check out the gourmet section of your local grocery store for unique cheeses and coordinating crackers. There are some great articles right here on Helium that can clue you in on the world of gourmet cheeses! Also, pick up an inexpensive box of wine glasses from your local party supply store. You won’t believe how cheap they are, and you won’t have to worry about butter-fingered guests breaking your good crystal. If you don’t have wine charms collecting dust in your china cabinet, pick up a few brightly colored markers so that guests can write their initials on the base of their glass. Finally, grab some cute napkins while you’re picking up the glasses at the party supply and you’re set!
4) Extra touch: the basics will provide you with a great night, but if you want to spend a little more money, you can add a bit more to the night. Stop at a dollar store or hit the bargain bins at your local craft or discount store for inexpensive journals. Hand them to your guests when they arrive, along with a pen. This way, they can keep track of the names of the wines that they like, as well as what they tasted like and what foods they would accompany. Your guests will love the memento and enjoy doing this wine “research”. They can continue to keep track of favorites in their new wine journal long after your party. It might even encourage someone else to host a similar event! If you want to alter this idea, but with less money, pick up a pack of nice stationery paper and provide everyone with a few sheets to keep their notes.
Remember to keep things casual and hopefully, your wine tasting potluck will be a low-stress, inexpensive way to get your friends together for a fun and different event
As a wine collector, hobbyist or someone in the wine trade, are you concerned or interested about this also? If so, please stay tuned in to Yats Wine Cellarsâ€™ web site to stay abreast of things to do with wine in the world.
News and pertinent information about wine trade, wine appreciation, wine shops and outlets, wine and food pairing, wine making, viticulture, vintages, climate conditions affecting wine, new and revived wine regions etc can be found here in this section. Yats wine Cellars is much more than a Philippines wine supplier with a few wine shops, wine bars and wine outlets in Philippines where clients can buy good wines in Manila, Angeles City, Subic and Clark Philippines. Manila wine shop Yats Wine Cellars is also a rich source of information for the convenience of the growing community of wine lovers, wine connoisseurs and hobbyists. Wine lovers in Manila, Subic, Pampanga, Angeles City, Clark Philippines can enjoy fine vintage wines in any of Yats Wine Cellars wine shopping outlets.
You are welcome to post your comments and questions about any topic related to wine on http://www.YatsWineCellars.com or email Wine@Yats-International.com.
Manila Sales Office
3003C East Tower, Phil Stock Exchange Center,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Metro Manila, Philippines 1605
(632) 637-5019 0917-520-4393 ask for Rea or Chay